Awesome. Not really sure I need to go on.
This was my post on the Sub30 Club page as I was heading out for my last leg: Day 2 Ragnar NW Passage, leg 26 finishing up, leg 27 is a whopping 2.4 miles then I’m up for 8.1 hilly, partially supported miles. 2.5 hrs sleep, not much food, back and Achilles taped up with Rock Tape. Cross your fingers I don’t let my team down!!! — ￼feeling anxioushungrytiredsorebutf*ckingdetermined.
I didn’t let them down, even though I had to walk up two long steep hills, I FLEW down the last mile. And no, I couldn’t really walk afterward!
Sleeping on the gym floor for a few hours was some of the best sleep I had all weekend. The burger and beer I had after each leg was the best food ever. The Blizzard I had on our way home….good, but not what my stomach needed, so I slept.
Since pictures are worth a thousand words (and I’m writing this 2.5 months post-race)….
- We were Van 1, we rarely saw Van 2 and I missed the full team camaraderie.
- Food – IF I ever do a relay again, I will pack a small cooler/bag of food for me. We had snacks, but not really stuff I usually snack on, so I was always hungry.
- Post-run clothes. I had a dress to pull on, which was comfy. Susan had a skirt which looked way easier and less exposure when it was time to change again.
- Driver/Van – I think having a DD would be better. Poor Mike did most of the driving, and when Emily drove it was late and she was super tired. Not a good mix. Plus, the van organization was a little rough for this OCD gal.
- Shower wipes – everyone should embrace these. Vans are small.